Richard Erdman makes sculpture by commission. Below is information about the process and an example of a proposal made for Arete, installed in Taipei, Taiwan, early 2019.
- Richard regularly collaborates with collectors, art consultants, designers, & architectural firms to create original, site-specific sculpture.
- The commission process begins with an in-depth conversation between artist & client.
- With an understanding of the project and budget, we prepare and present renderings, sketches, & models.
- If the proposal is accepted, we present a detailed agreement outlining the scope of the project, timeline, & costs.
- We regularly update clients with visuals from Richard's Carrara, Italy, studio as the work is being made.
"Sculpture serves as a portal to internal and subjective experience and carries the potential to enhance a client's specific vision. My medium of choice — stone, and especially Italian marble — is tied to some of the world’s oldest architectural works, and I delight in imbuing the ancient material with new life in innovative settings. With collaboration and diligent aesthetic consideration, architecture, landscape, and sculpture can harmonize for an exponentially enriched experience on both the individual and collective scales." - Richard Erdman
Send all commission inquiries to [email protected].
Proposal for the Wren Project, to be completed early 2020: